– I guess we all know that, like, think about that for a second, like, if Google render – like, starts
– But, I mean, is it going to die or is it going to, like, simply evolve?
– It’s going to the farm, I guess. We can- – It’s going upstate? With my dog?
– Yeah, just where your dog went, yeah. Basically the whole concept comes from
us, like, SEOs assuming that once Google gets so much better at rendering
office in Zurich last week when we actually had quite lengthy – quite a
lengthy conversation about just that where actually Googlers tried to convince
basically it’s gonna shift into being extremely geeky and extremely technical.
there’s just so many things that you can do wrong and it takes a lot of
experience to be able to debug and find out and improve things –
– And it keeps changing, right? It’s new stuff coming in. With every new bit on the web platform you’re like, does this work with Googlebot?
– I mean, it’s – – In two years or three years, you still think it’s gonna be a thing? Because I had this concept it’s gonna dissolve.
– I mean, it’s gonna be a thing in that, uh, like, we will be better at it, but there’s still, there’s always technical details that you can get – get working well, or get working kind of –
– Less well.
– Kind of terribly. So usually when you talk to Googlers and you fly there, or you somehow interact with people from Google, you expect them to make your life a little bit more complex
sometimes or not to give you something that’s gonna directly help you in this
approach, like during my visit at the Google office in Zurich I was extremely
surprised by how things went. First of all, they were fighting my battle,
basically that I didn’t even think it’s possible to win. So they were convincing
form. Secondly they gave us quite a lot of info about how Google is- is dealing
a lot of very, very very valuable information for- for me and for the community and until today I get a lot of Twitter messages or Facebook messages saying
that this is basically what we need in the SEO community. There should be more information like that – that’s actionable that’s clear, and that’s very useful.
change, right? It has –
– It’s gonna get much more technical.
– Oh yeah.
– That on one hand and then, the thing is like –
– Because we got a
– I think that’s one thing but also all of the troubleshooting
stuff kind of – kind of comes in that and that’s something where we we can provide some tools to help.
– Yeah, so my final thought here and is that observing
is that quite a lot of SEOs they – they claim they do SEO and this is a little
some kind of rendering which is far from being technical. And I guess this – this
problem was somehow addressed in this in this Hangout in Zurich by Googlers. So
basically making sure that – that – that both bots and users get the same
experience but also that the cost of rendering is not that high and your new
technologies are not basically slowing you down with – with indexing, user growth, and so on.